Nature By Design: Drawings of the Foundation for Architecture and Landscape Architecture, 1926-1935
You are here
The Foundation for Architecture and Landscape Architecture was an innovative summer program of advanced training for graduates in those disciplines at Midwestern universities. Launched in 1926 by members of the Lake Forest Garden Club and renowned landscape architect Ferruccio Vitale, the Foundation took advantage of Lake Forest’s reputation as a locus for country place design. This exhibit was displayed in our museum galleries in 2010.
- What is the Foundation for Architecture and Landscape Architecture?
- Bringing Together the Sister Arts
- The Institute of Landscape Design
- A Setting of Perfect Appointment
- A Very Interesting Term
- Opening Doors of Beauty and Information
- So Many Matters of Immediate Necessity
The display at right uses Flash. If you are unable to see it, you can view the document directly by clicking here.